Providing the following information about your editing project will save time by helping me quickly get you the information you need – like when it can be done, and how much it will cost.
I prefer to see a sample of the editing project before I provide a brief and a quote. Confidentiality is assured. Email or Dropbox to email@example.com. A chapter or around 10 pages from the middle is good; the whole document is best.
The following information will help us negotiate an editing brief and an appropriate fee:
- When do you need the edited document returned?
- When will the job be available for me to work on?
- What is the word count?
- What type of document is it (a report, thesis, journal article, research paper, student essay etc.)?
- If it’s a journal article, which journal?
- Does the project contain tables and figures?
- Roughly how many pages of references are there?
- Are the references complete?
- What style are you using (Australian government, APA, Chicago, MLA, faculty or university house style etc.)?
- Is there any formatting work to be done?
- Are there formatting guidelines to follow?
- If this is a thesis or student assignment, does the university have an editing policy?